Today my husband and I are celebrating our 13th anniversary. I say it is going to be our lucky year! He is not so sure :P 13 is traditionally an unlucky number, but I think it will be lucky for us. I figure since we have had such a rough start that it is time for us to have some luck. My parents weren't very supportive of us getting married, Rand has been in school of 10 years of our marriage which has made for financial struggles, and we had 3 children in 4 1/2 years, mostly a blessing, but pregnancy and lack of sleep can put a strain on any marriage...
But we made it through it all and here we are 13 years later. I can truly say that I love my husband more now than I did when we got married. Here are 13 reason why:
1. I love that he makes me laugh everyday.
2. I love that he is a wonderful father to our three beautiful daughters. He is the "Fun Daddy."
3. I love that he knows a ton of stuff and loves learning ( i.e. he is a genius).
4. I love that he encourages me to keep learning.
5. I love that he keeps me from being boring. He is always looking for another adventure for us.
6. I love when I stay up until all hours, the bed is all warm when I snuggle in next to him.
7. I love that he is an amazing cook. He creates dishes that are better than you can get at a restaurant. I have no idea how he does it.
8. I love that he doesn't let me feel sorry for myself and be negative.
9. I love that he buys me cooler clothes and shoes than I would ever buy for myself.
10. I love that he buys me the chocolateiest, nuttiest ice cream when I am having a bad day.
Which he hasn't done recently, hum? Maybe I haven't had a bad day for a while...See #8
11. I love that he comes into the bedroom in the morning to give me a kiss goodbye even though I am sound asleep.
12. I love that he encourages me to be a better person.
13. I love that he is my best friend and that we get to plan our future together.