A friend of mine recently posted a list of selfish reasons why she homeschools because so many people had given her the "oh, I could never homeschool speech." I was surprised at how many of these reasons hold true for me, too. Sure, homeschooling is hard and our primary reason for doing it is for the kids, but here are some of the advantages of homeschooling:
1. I don't have to pack school lunches!
2. I don't have to get the kids out the door at a specific hour
everyday - sometimes I even sleep in a little! ( OK, all the time...)
3. I'm getting an education! I must say that I have a ton of holes in
my education, so as we learn world history or poetry, or stories of
important people, or pretty much anything, I'm learning right along
4. I feel closer to the kids and I don't have to miss out on their
5. We can stay up late reading or watching a movie sometimes and I don't feel guilty for
sending them to school so tired the next day.