Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our new schedule - Fridays

I forgot to add that our new schedule is a 4 day week. I have left Fridays to be the day we do fun stuff and extra stuff. Right now on Fridays we do an art project, a poetry lesson, work on memorizing states and capitals, and freewriting. I have grand plans to also play educational games, but that hasn't happened, yet. It has been nice to have a day set aside for all of the activities that we never used to make time for.

The other nice thing about planning a 4 day week is that if we end up missing a day of school during the week for things like doctor's appointments or going to town for shopping, we can make up the work on Fridays. For several weeks in a row we ended up missing a day and we were able to still accomplish all of our work for the week. This last week we had a full week and we able to have do our other activities again. So far it has been working out really well.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

We've switched to a 4-day week, too. It really makes life easier and more flexible.

Testing said...

We've had to do that just because of the town day- but we almost have a 3 day week and then the town day. Glad I found your blog! And my mom said I was more of an "organized chaos" person, so the name of your blog got me interested!