Friday, December 24, 2010

The Best Christmas Eve Ever

Today as the girls and I were making Christmas cookies to leave for Santa tonight, I started thinking about my favorite Christmas Eve memory.

One Christmas, I think it was the year that I had a 4 year old, a 2 year old and a newborn, I ran out of time to make Christmas cookies for Santa.  I was feeling frustrated and upset that I had not succeeded in carrying out an important Christmas tradition.  Rand, my wonderful husband, came to the rescue.  He suggested that we leave Dr. Pepper and chips for Santa. The girls thought this was a great idea.  And the next morning, we found a note from Santa thanking us for the pop and chips and telling us that it was nice to get something beside cookies. What started out as a disaster in my postpartum mind became a favorite Christmas memory.

              






No comments: