Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Conversation with a 12 year old Homeschooled Girl

Today my girls were searching through my box of costumes and clothes and accessories that I have kept from the '80's in search of Halloween costumes.  Everyone has one of these boxes, right?  You know, just in case...

Anyway, my 12 year old daughter picks up a pair of zipper earrings and says in a tone frequently used by 12 year old girls everywhere, "Why did you wear those?"

"That was what was in style." I say.

" You wore what was in style?!?!" says my daughter in complete shock.

"Um, yes," I say.

"Why?" she asks.

"Well, I guess because I went to school and that is what lots of people who go to school do." I reply.

"I don't like to wear what's in style. I like to wear whatever I want."

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That made me smile. We need more kids like her in the world. :)

Heidi said...

Seirra ROCKS!!!! :)