Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Lost Tablet

It's Fall Break for the public schooled kids here on the island.  Yes, they get a fall break. Yes, already.  They actually started the school year at the beginning of August, so I guess now is as good of a time as any for a break.  For the last few years during the break, some moms have put together a play.  The first year I asked if my homeschooled kids could participate and they were happy to let them, especially since I volunteered to help direct ;)

I have to admit that it is almost as fun for me as it is for the kids.  It has been really fun to have a creative outlet, even if it is only once a year.  It really works out well because we rehearse and perform the play in just one week. So I get to immerse myself for a short period of time and then go back to my regular life. This year it was about a month of work because I helped coordinate a group of teenagers who wrote scenes for the play.

In the end we had a play about kids from Laie who went on a quest to the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World to gather pieces of a tablet that would restore world peace once brought together.

Kali played Artemis and sang a beautiful solo.


Arwen was an Egyptian and did a really cool dance

And Sierra wrote the Egyptian scene.
Here she is with one of  her Egyptains which she called her minions.

No comments: