Monday, January 8, 2007

Back To School?

So, we start school today after a Christmas break and SK had a bad attitude from the start. I decided that our topic for the week would be art. Since SK loves art, I figured it would be a gentle reentry into school. Well, we read about mosaics in WY3rd GraderNTK and I thought it would be fun to make our own mosaics out of cut up cardstock. When I explain to SK how to take the little pieces and put them together to look like something, she starts crying that it would take too long. Fine, I say, don't make a mosaic.

I should have known then that it wasn't going to be a good day. I was excited to use the Right Start math - grade 1 that I borrowed from a friend. I had planned to include SK to give her a better foundation in Math and have her continue to use her current Math book as well. When I asked her after, which she liked better, she said neither... Then KE starts crying because she didn't get to do any workbook pages! Are you kidding me? I have been working my butt off to avoid workbooks because SK hates them and now I find out KE wants them. Sigh! Well, I guess that's what homeschooling is about. Individualizing education, Right? It just makes it harder for the mom. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

No comments: