Wednesday, September 19, 2007

2 down 1 to go


Yeah! We have a second reader in the house. Over the summer my middle daughter moved from the painstaking sounding out stage to the fluency stage. She is flying through piles of easy readers that we get from the library. Her comprehension can use some work because she sometimes makes incorrect guesses when she tries to read without sounding out. It is so exciting when they really start to enjoy reading. My youngest has asked to start learning to read. We are about 20 lessons into Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Lessons and are working through some Bob Books. I am getting Sing, Spell, Read, Write from OPTIONS (did I mention I get to borrow curriculum with this program?), but I am not sure I will need to use it. 100 lessons has worked well with 2 kids and is easy to use.

No comments: