Thursday, September 27, 2007

In the Middle

Central America. Once again I got some factual books about each country (El Salvador, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Belize,Nicaragua, Panama, and Honduras.) The A True Book series is good and also the Enchantment of the World books by Marion Morrison. We mostly just looked at photographs from each country. I did not find as many picture books from these countries, but the ones I did were very good.

El Salvador - A Bear for Miguel
Guatemala - Abuela's Weave
Sawdust Carpets
Mama and Papa Have a Store
Costa Rica - When the Monkeys Came Back

*hint - While I have huge book lists for a variety of topics, I found these books by typing each country in the subject search of my library's online catalog and refined the search to include only picture books.

No comments: