Thursday, November 8, 2007

Math Play

We are officially "done" with school for today, but right now the girls are playing store using unit cubes as money. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to each cube's denomination, but I keep hearing comments, such as

"I have ten of these and they are worth $10, so I have $100."

"You gave me $20 and this costs $6, so I need to give you change."

"I have a 5 and a 1 so I have enough to buy this $6 item."

There has been much laughing and fun. Pretty funny considering one out the 3 claims to hate math. Oh, and this is a continuation of a game they were playing yesterday.

2 comments:

JacciM said...

That's some sneaky math there, Mom ;)

I wanted to invite you to my virtual Open House to officially kick off my blog's new home. I'd love to have you stop by! :) Just click on the link below.

Blessings,
Jacci

http://theeducationallife.blogspot.com/2007/11/blog-post_5241.html

Anonymous said...

You can always tell what kids have learned by listening to their "playtime/free time". You're an awesome mom