Sunday, December 23, 2007

Europe picture books part 1

Believe it or not, we continued doing school periodically up until last Thursday. I tried to tie study of geography into the holiday season, but I was too late trying to get the Christmas traditions from around the world books at our local library. We read books about countries in Europe and some did have a Christmas theme. Here are some books we enjoyed:

England
Popcorn at the Palace

Ireland
The Leprechaun's Gold
An Irish Halloween
Jamie O'Rourke and the Big Potato
Market Day

Scandinavia
Per and The Dala Horse
Who's that Knocking on Christmas Eve?
Hanna's Christmas ( yes, our local library has Melissa's book)
Welcome Back Sun

Italy
The Christmas Witch
Jingle the Christmas Clown
The Legend of Old Befana

I did find one picture book about Christmas traditions around the world called Jingle Bells by Trapani. We didn't make it through all the books I checked out. We have several more about Italy and a whole stack of books about France. Luckily, I can renew them and keep them to use after our Christmas Break. If I don't blog again before Tuesday, have a Merry Christmas!






1 comment:

Ann said...

And...remind me, I've got some scotland books for you. Plus, the James Herriot's stories (All creatures great and small) are set in England. We're reading his Treasury of Inspirational Stories for Children right now. The kids loved the first one about a near-dead kitten who attached to a pig-mama. Very cute.

Hey, wanna clean your fridge today? I'm planning to do it. We could chat.