Saturday, November 6, 2010

5 Questions

I've been tagged in a blog meme by my internet friend, an American Muslim convert living in England who shares my name and my home state.

She asked me to answer the following 5 questions:


1) What is your favourite book of all time?
My first response would be A Tale of Two Cities, a book that I have claimed to be my favorite since high school.  I can't wait to reread it with my daughter in a few years. But I recently read The Outsiders again and I love, love, loved it. I really love reading, especially young adult novels, so it is really hard to pick an all time favorite. I went through a phase after college and when I had little babies that I didn't read much. I think I got overloaded with my college reading and then I got "mommy brain" and could barely concentrate long enough to read a magazine article.  I am glad that my dear husband encouraged me to start reading again.


2) What is your idea of the perfect day?
My perfect day would include a fun family activity in the morning (but not too early...) like going to the beach or a museum or hiking.  Afternoon would involve a delicious lunch that I didn't have to prepare or clean up after. A nap would be part of a perfect day. The evening would be spent going out to eat with my hubby, probably to Vino's where I recently ate the best meal of my life (the kids would miraculously be fed...).  Then after dinner I would spend some...um... quality time with my hubby. Also, somehow during this ideal day, my house would stay perfectly clean.

3) If you weren’t homeschooling, what sort of career would you have?
Well, my dream job would be to be an actress (stage, screen, TV, whatever) Once when I was in college my best friend and I made a timeline of our lives.  I have pretty much followed the timeline except that I haven't been in a made-for television movie, yet :) In reality (because an acting career would not exactly be the best job to combine with motherhood - and I would chose motherhood over acting every time), I would probably be a teacher. In fact, I am looking into what it would take for me to be able to teach English 101 classes at the university that my husband works at. I am thinking it would be a great job for me when the kids are older and definitely after they have flown the coop.

4) If you had the chance, what one famous person would you meet and why?
This was a hard question for me. I don't really get caught up in famous people, especially celebrities .  It seems to me that they are just regular people that took a certain life path. Although it was kind of fun to meet Josh Holloway... Anyway, I can't think of just one person that I am dying to meet.  I decided that I would arranged a dinner party with the following historical figures: Cleopatra, Michaelangelo, William Shakespeare, Vincent Van Gogh, Abraham Lincoln, Harriet Tubman, Eva Peron, Martin Luther King Jr., and Albert Einstein... and maybe Josh Holloway...just kidding... or not, it could be fun to add a nice southern boy to this motley cast of characters.


5) If you could possess one talent (singing, painting, writing, etc) and be truly proficient in it, what would it be?
This one is easy.  I was just telling my hubby that I wished that I could sing like Kristin Chenoweth. There are many things that I am not good at (drawing, cooking, remembering things from one minute to the next), but if I could snap my fingers and have one talent that I currently don't, I would pick singing.

OK, I am supposed to tag 5 people and give them 5 questions to answer.

Here are my 5 people:






And here are my 5 questions:

1. If you had one super power to wish for (X-ray vision, invisibility etc.), what would it be and why?
2. What is your favourite book of all time?
3. What is your idea of the perfect day?
4. If you had the chance, what one famous person would you meet and why?
5. If you could possess one talent (singing, painting, writing, etc) and be truly proficient in it, what would it be?

1 comment:

Maren Hansen said...

I'm going to my blog to answer your questions even as we speak, though I cannot promise to pass it on... :)