Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A week in the life of me - Monday

I was reading a friend's blog recently and she did a series of post where she chronicled a typical week in her life. I thought it would be fun to do the same. My weeks are not exactly typical these days since we turned our world upside down by enrolling in K12, but this is what it looks like right now.

My husband and I are attempting to do P90X. We have been doing it for about 7 weeks with a few weeks of skipping quite a few workouts. Last week was pretty bad with the holiday... But today we got up at 6:45 and worked out. Then I ate breakfast while checking email and Facebook and Google Reader. After that I showered and reminded the girls to do their morning chores.

I took Arwen to her Monday group at 9am. She and some other first graders that are doing K12 get together every Monday to do Science and History together. The moms take turn teaching. Next week is my turn. Sierra and Kali started working on their school work while I was gone. When I got back I alternated working with them until 11:30 when I needed to go pick up Arwen. When Arwen and I returned I checked off the lessons that Arwen did with the group and then it was lunch time. Rand was home for lunch, so I ate and hung out with him while the girls watched Saddle Club and ate their lunch.

When Saddle Club was over we got back to the school work. We were done by 2pm, which is about the earliest we have gotten done since we started - woo hoo! At first we were trying to catch up and then we added in some Story of the World History because I already had some books from the library from before we started K12 that I wanted to read before they were due back.

Monday is cleaning day, so we did chores after school time. Vacuuming, dusting, sweeping and mopping the floor. I helped Sierra with the sweeping since most of our house is tile, but then I didn't get to my job for this week which is cleaning the bathrooms. By the time we finish cleaning and I go the lunch dishes cleaned up it was about 3:30. I made some phone calls and checked email, facebook, etc. and then headed to the grocery store around 4pm.

I got back from the store about 5:20 and unloaded and started to put away the groceries. Once I got the perishables put away I started working on dinner. Rand grilled burgers and I made guacamole. We watched Jeopardy during dinner. I don't like to watch TV during dinner, but we do some especially when we have something like hamburgers. I knew the answer (question) to Final Jeopardy - "Who is Lady Macbeth?"

After dinner I cleaned up the kitchen and the girl's cleaned up their rooms, wait... I think they cleaned up before dinner, so they must have gone off to play (which means their rooms are probably messy again). At 8pm we made hot chocolate and watched Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas.

Then it was time to send the girls off to bed. I finished tidying up the house and looked over tomorrow's school plan. At 10pm, Rand announced that he was heading to bed early. I did the second part of today's P90X workout - Ab Ripper... then got on the computer, remembered that I wanted to do this blog post and here I am. I still need to pay some bills and send a couple of emails. Then I am off to bed to start all over again.

1 comment:

Maren Hansen said...

Whew, makes me tired just reading it--you are super woman!!